[gdal-dev] Issues with FileGDB support

Jan Heckman jan.heckman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 00:49:02 PDT 2013

Hi,
I have the gdb support working on a windows box, compiled 1.9.1, some time
ago.
>From memory:
Remember filegdb support is a plugin. The dll needs to be in a specific
gdalplugins directory.
I guess that if the support is compiled correctly and the dll is not found,
this would be mentioned in an error.
I had to edit nmake.opt; have to do that anyway for lots of support.
Lastly, when I built, there were 2 windows lib/dll's from esri (for
filegdb),  1 for vs 2008, and 1 for vs 2010.
Only the first works, which compelled me to compile using VS 2008.
If you have another vs version installed, you need to run the correct
vsvars.bat before starting (commandline) compilation.

FGDB_ENABLED = YES
FGDB_PLUGIN = YES
FGDB_SDK =
"D:\win7users\jan\Documents\Visual_Studio_2012\Projects\FileGDB_API_VS2008_1_2"
FGDB_INC = $(FGDB_SDK)\include
FGDB_LIB = $(FGDB_SDK)\lib\FileGDBAPI.lib

Specific supportfiles - see if these are compiled - are
in gdal-1.9.1\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\filegdb.
You should see ogr_FileGDB.dll and ogr_FileGDB.lib.
Let me know if this helps any.
Jan