[gdal-dev] Issues with FileGDB support

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Mar 16 06:13:19 PDT 2013

On 2013-03-16 4:49 AM, Jan Heckman wrote:
> Hi,
> I have the gdb support working on a windows box, compiled 1.9.1, some
> time ago.
> From memory:
> Remember filegdb support is a plugin. The dll needs to be in a specific
> gdalplugins directory.
> I guess that if the support is compiled correctly and the dll is not
> found, this would be mentioned in an error.
> I had to edit nmake.opt; have to do that anyway for lots of support.
> Lastly, when I built, there were 2 windows lib/dll's from esri (for
> filegdb),  1 for vs 2008, and 1 for vs 2010.
> Only the first works, which compelled me to compile using VS 2008.
> If you have another vs version installed, you need to run the correct
> vsvars.bat before starting (commandline) compilation.
>
> FGDB_ENABLED = YES
> FGDB_PLUGIN = YES
> FGDB_SDK =
> "D:\win7users\jan\Documents\Visual_Studio_2012\Projects\FileGDB_API_VS2008_1_2"
> FGDB_INC = $(FGDB_SDK)\include
> FGDB_LIB = $(FGDB_SDK)\lib\FileGDBAPI.lib
>
> Specific supportfiles - see if these are compiled - are
> in gdal-1.9.1\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\filegdb.
> You should see ogr_FileGDB.dll and ogr_FileGDB.lib.
> Let me know if this helps any.
> Jan

I've been maintaining my Windows build steps at
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/FileGDB  It would be most excellent if
others can write their advice/steps on this wiki page as they travel
down this path (whatever operating system path it is).  Thanks!  (yes
I'm a broken please-help-document record!)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/