[gdal-dev] C#-bindings and AccessViolationException

markus.u.mueller markus.u.mueller at zoho.com
Sun Mar 17 18:27:21 PDT 2013

Dear listers,

I have troubles with the C#-bindings of GDAL. I use FWTools 2.4.7 on Windows XP 32bit, VS 2010 and .NET 4.0. When I try to run one of the GDAL-apps, GDALInfo.cs for example, I keep getting an Error saying
"AccessViolationException was unhandled. Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I stumbled upon bits and pieces of other people having the same problem but did not get a consistent idea what is behind the problem and how it can be solved. Obviously there are also 2 trac tickets that seem to be related to this problem.
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4049 and
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3249

Any help would be appreciated,

Markus