[gdal-dev] GDAL Raster Attribute Tables.

Sam Gillingham gillingham.sam at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:18:29 PDT 2013

Thanks Ivan,

We explicitly referenced the HFA driver as this is one which is
commonly used and we are familiar with the source code having
submitted a number of patches for the driver.

We plan to provide default implementations of the new functions which
will call the existing Get/Set functions (note the change so all
functions are virtual) so all existing drivers will support the new
functions but without the potential performance benefit. This also
means we won't be breaking existing code, other than requiring a
recompile due to the change to virtual functions.

Unfortunately, we don't know much about the the other drivers you
refer to so would suggest it would be best for the developers of those
drivers to update them in due course if they feel it is necessary and
would provide a significant benefit over the default implementation
which will be provided.

Best wishes,

Sam and Pete