[gdal-dev] Is it possible to build pdb files in Release ?

Mihaela Gaspar mihaela.gaspar at urbanrobotics.net
Tue May 14 09:55:31 PDT 2013

I built GDAL in both Debug and Release.

The default behavior is to create .pdb files in Debug, but not in Release.

I would like to get a pdb file in Release build as well, is it possible ?

The only lines I see that have to do with pdb, are:

!IFNDEF DEBUG
OPTFLAGS= $(CXX_ANALYZE_FLAGS) /nologo /MT /EHsc /Ox
/D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /DNDEBUG
/Fd$(LIBDIR)\gdal$(VERSION).pdb /ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0
!ELSE
OPTFLAGS= $(CXX_ANALYZE_FLAGS) /nologo /MTd /EHsc /Zi
/D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE
/Fd$(LIBDIR)\gdal$(VERSION).pdb /DDEBUG /ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=2
!ENDIF

It is not apparent to me how to get pdb files to be created, based on this.

Thank you.