[gdal-dev] GDAL 1.10 JP2000 Problem/Crash

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 22 10:22:09 PDT 2013

Dennis,

Ah.  In my experience the ECW SDK 3.3 JPEG2000 support is buggy and I was
never really able to trace down the issues.  I would encourage you to
consider alternatives - one possibility is the MrSID SDK's JPEG2000
support.  If Tamas's build includes MrSID support then all you need to do
is set the GDAL_SKIP environment variable to JP2ECW which would make GDAL
skip the ECW based driver.   If Tamas hasn't built with MrSID then it falls
to you to build GDAL which can be somewhat complicated.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com