[gdal-dev] SOSI driver in OSGeo4W-version of GDAL

SBL Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Thu May 30 13:34:31 PDT 2013

Dear all

On Linux systems the Norwegian SOSI-driver works now well and can be
compiled easily:
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Compile-GDAL-OGR-with-SOSI-support-tt5045207.html#a5049558

I would love to get that driver also into OSGeo4W (see also:
Packaging-the-FYBA-lib-for-SOSI-support-in-the-OSGeo4W-version-of-GDAL
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Packaging-the-FYBA-lib-for-SOSI-support-in-the-OSGeo4W-version-of-GDAL-tt5050052.html>
and  #359 <http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/359>  ).

I would be willing to contribute e.g. with packaging the required FYBA lib,
though I do not have any experience with this (hope the learning curve there
is not too steep...).

If someone could help me getting started, that would be great. My (very
basic) questions are:
Do I have to use a certain compiler / build environment (Microsoft Visual
Studio or gcc via Cygwin / MSYS)?
I guess there are also adjustments of the build routines in GDAL necessary
in order to integrate the SOSI-driver as a GDAL-plugin in OSGeo4W?
Something else?

I am grateful for any advise/help!

Cheers
Stefan