[gdal-dev] gdal_merge does not mosaic

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri May 31 07:51:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

GDAL 1.4.5 is ancient.  Consider upgrading.  The last release was 1.10.0.

Your commandline looks ok.  Without knowing much about your input images or
what your output looks like it is hard to judge what went wrong.

Are img1.img, img2.img and img3.img spatially distinct?  Is the produced
mosaic the right extents to hold all the input images?

One thing to keep in mind is that if mosaic.img already exists it will just
be written into, not recreated.  So if you created it once with the wrong
size, subsequent runs won't recreate it the right size for everything.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com