[gdal-dev] Difference: EPSG 3004 - EPSG 102092

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Nov 7 08:08:53 PST 2013

Am 07.11.2013 16:39, schrieb
b.j.kobben at utwente.nl:
> As an added note: be aware that 102092 is NOT an actual EPSG code. EPSG
> codes with no's>  32768 are not in the official EPSG database, and are in
> actual fact therefore not EPSG codes really.

It is actually a definition by ESRI:
<http://spatialreference.org/ref/esri/102092/>

and we all know that they keep datum shifts always seperately from
projection definitions.

I don't understand why QGIS 2.0 (and GDAL 1.10.0) simply calls them EPSG.
QGIS 1.8.0 Lisboa did not know those codes, and they named French
definitions IGNF:...

I would like to see those ESRI definitions marked ESRI:... to flag the
difference.

** added mailing lists for proj.4 and gdal as it comes probably from there

Greetings,
André Joost