[gdal-dev] Motion: Approve GDAL/OGR 1.10.1RC1 for release

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Nov 8 07:31:08 PST 2013

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 04:34:07PM -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
> The failures on x86_64-apple-darwin13 for the png.py test suite from auto
> test for gdal 0.10.1 are the same failures described here...
>
> https://github.com/licq-im/licq/pull/32
> <https://github.com/licq-im/licq/pull/32>
>
> The failures are completely suppressed by regenerating
> autotest/gdrivers/data/test.png with
> "optipng -nb -nc -np test.png"...

Just to clarify, I used optipng 0.6.3 for this. The newer optipng 0.7.4
release seems more problematic as none of the obvious combination of options
can fix the test.png file without changing the checksums and causing additional
failures. So you will want to use the optipng 0.6.x release series to fix
the bad png files in gdal.