[gdal-dev] libpng and autotest

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Nov 9 10:31:54 PST 2013

> > --
> >
> > Note on darwin we typically use the system libz which appears to be
> > derivation of 1.2.5.
>
> I can reproduce this output from pngfix on a Fedora 15 box as follows...
>
> % tar -zxvf libpng-1.6.6.tar.gz
> % cd libpng-1.6.6
> % ./configure
> % make
> % cp ~/autotest/gdrivers/data/test.png .
> % ./pngfix test.png
> IDAT TFB default 10 15 8575 160400 test.png

Jack,

I've finally managed to reproduce with libpng 1.6.6 and by using it with zlib
1.2.8. Actually pngfix refused to run with my system zlib 1.2.3 and while
looking at the code of libpng, it appears that this issue about window size
only appears with zlib 1.2.4 or above since libpng then uses a new API of zlib
that takes into account this window size. So broken images will only be
detected with a combination of both recent libpng and zlib.

I've committed the fixed gdalicon.png and autotest/gdrivers/data/test.png in
trunk.

Thanks for your tenacity.

Even

--