[gdal-dev] Can I resume gdal_retile?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon Nov 11 09:02:12 PST 2013

Le lundi 11 novembre 2013 17:37:55, achrysochoou a écrit :
> I used gdal_retile on a 5TB data set and the server crashed during the
> weekend.
> Is it possible to resume the process and keep what has been done?

Not currently, but you can try the attached modified script (very lightly
tested) that should skip existing tiles. Not however that if a tile has been
only partly written at the time of the crash, it could consider it as being
completely written and would not try to regenerate it.

> What will happen if I start the process again? Will it over-write or ignore
> previously created data?

The current script would over-write existing tiles.

--
Geospatial professional services