[gdal-dev] Getting SRID from MS SQL Server Spatial Table

Bob Cave bobc at bluemarblegeo.com
Wed Nov 13 12:13:16 PST 2013

Hello,

I am using the MS SQL Server driver (1.10.1) with
MSSQLSPATIAL_USE_GEOMETRY_COLUMNS=NO.  When I attempt to read a table, I
find that the driver does not identify the spatial reference the table is
using.  Is there a way to get the driver to query for the SRID?

When I use MSSQLSPATIAL_USE_GEOMETRY_COLUMNS=YES, then the SRID can be
identified.  This is fine for my test database, but I need to be able to
support databases that don't have a geometry_columns table.

Thanks,

Bob