[gdal-dev] building gdal on windows -- how to hide internal libtiff symbols

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Nov 17 02:46:59 PST 2013

Le dimanche 17 novembre 2013 03:33:15, kyle.sletmoe a écrit :
> I am building on Windows and would like to know how to hide the internal
> libtiff (and libgeotiff) symbols. I know about doing:
>
> ./configure --prefix=$GDAL_INSTALL \
>   --with-libtiff=internal \
>   --with-geotiff=internal \
>   --with-rename-internal-libtiff-symbols=yes \
>   --with-rename-internal-libgeotiff-symbols=yes
>
> on Linux, but how can I accomplish this when building on Windows with the
> MSVC++ compiler?

Kyle,

I don't think that you need the rename options on Windows. The libtiff and
libgeotiff symbols from the internal lib shouldn't be exposed to outside of
GDAL. At least, I'm not aware of anyone having reported issues on Windows
related to that, whereas the problem was confirmed on Linux.

> --

Geospatial professional services