[gdal-dev] ECW lossless JPEG 2000 compression issue

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Sat Nov 23 11:35:52 PST 2013

Hi Devs,

I'm using the GDAL ECW plugin with the ECW 3.3 SDK (2006-09-06) on windows and LINUX. I have built the ECW lib and GDAL plugin from source and have applied all the suggested patches from here:

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW

However I'm getting quality issues with when reading lossless JPEG 2000 compression files. The images seem over compressed in places...

There is some mention of the ECW 3.3 release fixing a bug in the lossless JPEG 2000 compression, where previously a tiny fraction of pixels would be
compressed with a value +/-1 with respect to the input:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/ECW-JPEG-2000-SDK-v3-3-News-Update-td3774896.html

Has anyone else had issues when reading lossless JPEG 2000 files in the 3.3 SDK? Have I got all of the patches applied?

Cheers,
Jeremy

This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message. LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ. Thank You.