[gdal-dev] Using GDALWARP to crop to extremeties of source data

JSz james at agritech.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 07:50:19 PST 2013

I am using GDAL_grid to create a raster image using the command :

*gdal_grid -a invdist:power=2:smoothing=0.001:radius1=0.0005:radius2=0.0005
-of GTiff -zField a_field -ot Float64 -l data data_source.vrt results.tiff*

which obviously extrapolates the data beyond the extremities of my data, I
can cut the required data with a shape file by using :

*gdalwarp -cutline <<src_shape>> -crop_to_cutline -srcnodata 0 source.tiff
output.tiff*

However is there a way to cut to the extremities of my original data without
the need for the shape file?

Many thanks

JSz