[gdal-dev] sqlite dialect and MySQL spatial input

aborruso aborruso at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 01:30:26 PDT 2013

Hi Even,

Even Rouault wrote
> Wouldn't Area() as described in
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/geometry-property-
> functions.html#function_area do the job ?

you are right, but I have used Area() in my post to make a simple example.

I'm talking about functions like "Contains". In MySQL documentation you
read:
"Currently, MySQL does not implement these functions according to the
specification. Those that are implemented return the same result as the
corresponding MBR-based functions."

Then I have used something like "ogrinfo test.vrt -dialect sqlite -sql
“SELECT *FROM polygons as g1, points as g2 WHERE
Contains(g1.geometry,g2.geometry) = 1"

Thank you