[gdal-dev] OGR datasources

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Oct 3 10:57:48 PDT 2013

Le jeudi 03 octobre 2013 16:11:23, Jaak Laineste (Nutiteq) a écrit :
> Does anyone has a list of OGR datasources which support update ?
>
> The tables and test methods have "create" capability, but not update. And
> it turns out that there are datasources (e.g. MapInfo) which allow create,
> but does not allow editing of existing data (opening in write mode).
> Actually the only datasource what I found where it works fine was
> Shapefile, but I did not try many
>
> I'm using it in Android context, so "big" datasources with libraries
> (PostGIS, ESRI etc) where it probably works are not really usable there.
> Built-in simple file datasources are more interesting, but a general way
> to have a list would be best.

Jaak,

There's no driver metadata that can tell you if update is supported or not by
just calling TestCapabability() at the driver level.

If you have an existing datasource, you can for example test the
OLCRandomWrite capability at the layer level.

But if I understand well your need is not to have a list that would be
generated dynamically but rather pick up a format that support update ? If so,
SQLite / Spatialite should be a good choice .

Even

--
Geospatial professional services