[gdal-dev] Does 64 bit gdal support deflate compression in geotiffs?

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Tue Oct 8 07:06:52 PDT 2013

The new 64 bit release of qgis (2.0.1 Dufur) fails when trying to load
deflate compressed geotiffs. Further testing reveals that the bundled
gdal utilities suffer the same problem. The version lists as 1.10.0,
released 2013/04/24. No idea how it was built - this is a download of
the pre-compiled Win7 qgis release. Before digging any deeper, I thought
I'd ask if the 64bit version of gdal is supposed to support deflate. The
32 bit version does (that's how I compressed the files in the first place).