[gdal-dev] Transformation of style data

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Oct 9 06:45:16 PDT 2013

Le mercredi 09 octobre 2013 04:44:58, Wayne Parrott a écrit :
> Hi There,
> I have been using GDAL/OGR in a project and it is going quite well.
> I have been reprojecting data from various source formats into a single CRS
> (using the C# bindings), but one issue I have come across is with the
> associated OGR style information.
>
> Most of the font sizes in the source documents are stored in "map ground
> units", so if I just copy the OGR style directly the text size will be
> scaled up or down depending on the differences in the map units.
>
> So my question is, what is the best way of converting the map ground units
> in the style specification from one CRS to another?

There's indeed no such mechanism in OGR itself.

I guess this must be necessarily only if the units of the CRS are different,
e.g. when converting from a geodetic (long/lat in degrees) CRS to a projected
(most of the time in meters) CRS.

You can use 1 deegree ~= 111 120 meters

> Many thanks for any help you can provide,
> Wayne

Geospatial professional services