[gdal-dev] Patch for GDAL Web Mercator Issue / trac 3962

David Fogel multiquadric at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 16:25:47 PDT 2013

I have updated the trac ticket after fooling with GDAL and ESRI (ArcGIS)
the past two weeks.   It would appear that nothing fancy is required.
Referencing the name in the EPSG registry in addition to the minimum
specifications or this ProjCRS should work.   Hacks would be required for
software that is not GDAL (or PROJ4, etc.) or ESRI.  Really, this means
that the name , which is in a standard, ought to be the identifier.

= David