[gdal-dev] Using/citing GDAL documentation

Jonathan Greenberg jgrn at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 18 18:13:01 PDT 2013

GDALers:

I'm working with a colleague on a new set of R wrappers for GDAL, and
we are at the point where we are starting to document the functions.
Our R interface is designed to be VERY close to the GDAL command line
utilities (we use the same parameter names, for instance), so I was
wondering if it would be ok to use almost word-for-word the GDAL
documentation of each of the parameters in our package's man files
(this would save us an inordinate amount of time paraphrasing the docs
for all of those functions).  If this is ok, how should I cite the
documentation properly?

Cheers!  Incidentally, the package is up on R-forge:
https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/gdalutils/

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD