[gdal-dev] Building HDF5 driver against the binary distribution

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 10:37:11 PDT 2013

Hi Joaquim,

Here it says:

"The SZIP and ZLIB external libraries are optional for use
with HDF5. The HDF5 pre-compiled binary distributions  include the
SZIP (Encoder Enabled) and ZLIB libraries that they are compiled with. " [http://www.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtain5.html]

When they say "include" it means that the szip.dll and zlib.dll are there on the \HDF5\1.8.11\bin when you install the package.

Did you compiled HDF5 1.8.11 with static szip and zlib?

I build GDAL with the internal zlib. What about you?

Thanks a lot,

Ivan