[gdal-dev] Call for discussion for "RFC 43 GDALMajorObject::GetMetadataDomainList()"

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 06:32:04 PDT 2013

Even,

I have been trying to think through how an OGR driver for ISO19115 /  19139 would work.  I'm going to work on a band aid to the new BAG tweak to their ISO metadata, but we definitely could use a bare driver for read / write.  The quest boils down to what is the minimal set of things that we should aim for and how tolerant of craziness should we cope with.  I've seen some "interesting" things passed off as ISO metadata.  As a start to this, I'm going to start trying to collect a range of sample files.  The timing is pretty good in that there is a discussion of FGDC to ISO conversion on the IOOS Data Management and Communications (DMAC) steering committee mailing list.

-kurt