[gdal-dev] gdal_translate ignores my -projwin param

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Oct 29 06:11:45 PDT 2013

Selon Moses.Gone at t-systems.com:

> Hello list,
> Something strange is happen to my GDAL. I have before executed the command
> below successfully. However, today I introduced a -projwin params where I
> specify  my AOI, since I don't want the entire raster being pulled from the
> DB. So what is strange, GDAL ignores my window and tries to pull the entire
> dataset:
>
> Command:
> gdal_translate --debug on -projwin 619711 5813265 625334 5809349 -a_srs
> EPSG:25832 -a_nodata none -of vrt SDE:server,5153,ngds1,pw,user,
> DE_DTK25_E32,image image.vrt
>
> Debug Output:
> SDERASTER: Open("SDE:server,5153,ngds1,pw,user, DE_DTK25_E32,image ")
> revealed 7 tokens.
> SDERASTER: SDE Column name is 'image'
> SDERASTER: 'DE_DTK25_E32' raster layer specified... using it directly with
> 'image' as the raster column name.
> SDERASTER: minx: 275000.62500, miny: 5220000.62500, maxx: 924999.37500, maxy:
> 6109999.37500
> SDERASTER: Tile origin: 275000.62500, 6109999.37500
>
> I have checked to confirm that the window coord array is specified as minX,
> maxY, maxX, minY.
>
> Can someone help me figure out what is happening here?

Moses,

This is probably OK, at least this should be OK for most drivers. What you see
if the debug output of the SDE driver when it opens the source dataset. At that
point, it doesn't take into account the AOI specified with -projwin, which is
someting specific to how gdal_translate operates. What you specify in
gdal_translate has no influence on dataset opening. It just controls which part
of the raster will be extracted in the conversion process.
I don't know SDE, but I would imagine (hopefully) that your AOI will be properly
taken into account when extracting tiles from your SDE raster layer.

Even