[gdal-dev] GTiff stack to NetCDF

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 07:15:50 PDT 2013

what you want is probably outside the scope of gdal. It would require some
clever metadata management so that gdal_translate puts them in a single
file...

I would advise you convert them all to netcdf using gdal_translate and then
use python-netcdf4 (not the one from numpy/scipy) to stack them in the
temporal dimension.