[gdal-dev] A strange thing with a png geospatial file and gdalwarp. Is it a bug?

aborruso aborruso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 05:17:33 PDT 2013

Hi Hermann,
thank you very much.

peifer wrote
> At least it isn't a bug. Without -s_srs, the CRS info from the png file is
> used which specifies TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0]. When specifying the EPSG code
> via -s_srs, the parameter +nadgrids=@null is used (in both cases EPSG:3857
> and EPSG:3785).

But there is another strange thing. Try to convert the original png file in
GTiff p with gdal_translate.

Then apply the same gdalwarp commands. In both, with -s_srs and without
-s_srs parameter, you obtain the same bounding box.

I have changed only the file format, and I obtain different results.

Is this normal?

Best regards,

Andrea