[gdal-dev] Aggregate to a grid in a different projection with masks

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 04:42:57 PDT 2013

Hi,
I'd like to perform a spatial aggregation of a large data set at some high
resolution in some projection, to a grid in a lower resolution in another
projection.

One thing I have used in the past is to have a raster at the higher
resolution, and use that to select pixels in the original dataset, and
store them and then calculate statistics and write out a new file.

Since the original dataset is tiled, I was wondering whether there's a nice
way of doing something similar to this using VRTs and maybe gdaladdo.

Thanks!
Jose