[gdal-dev] sqlite dialect and MySQL spatial input

aborruso aborruso at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 03:57:37 PDT 2013

Hi all,
I'm using sqlite dialect with shapefile input. An example is:
ogrinfo poligoni_input.shp  -dialect sqlite -sql "SELECT ST_Area(geometry)
AS Area FROM poligoni_input"

It works and it's a great feature.

I have some problems with MySQL spatial input. I use this syntax:
ogrinfo MYSQL:"mydb,user=myuse,password=mypwd,port=3306,host=127.0.0.1"
-dialect sqlite -sql "SELECT ST_Area(geometry) AS Area FROM poligoni"

And I have this error:
MySQL error message:FUNCTION chatwin.ST_Area does not exist Description:
SELECT ST_Area(geometry) AS Area FROM poligoni

It seems that the command - for mysql input - does not read "-dialect
sqlite" parameter, and then it does not find ST_Area function.

What do you think about? Is there some error in my procedure?

Thank you very much,

Andrea