[gdal-dev] [gdal 1.10] ogr2ogr ora-04043 object does not exist with spatial views in another schema of the connected user

Rémy GOURRAT rgourrat at ag-carto.fr
Thu Apr 3 03:42:03 PDT 2014

Hi,

my Oracle user connected had the "SELECT ANY TABLE" privilege so when I execute ogr2ogr to generate shp,
before to write the shape, ogr2ogr try to describe spatial View and table in each schema.

It's very long to generate a small shape because for each spatial view of another schema of the connected user
I have this message "ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object <the schema name>.<the spatial view name>   does not exist
 in OCIDescribeAny", we have a lot of spatial views in different schemas...

but It seems that I have a issue with the views of another schemas,
not tables and not views of the current schema (connected user).

Does I forget a privilege on my Oracle User ? a describe privilege that I don't know ?

Is there a switch to force ogr2ogr to use USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA ?

When i drop the "SELECT ANY TABLE" to the Oracle User,

I have not this message and it's fast again.

Debug On, first I see that ogr2ogr list every table and every view with this request, (I put interline to optimize lisibility)

OCI: Userid=****, Password=****, Database=****
OCI: Prepare(ALTER SESSION SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT='YYYY/MM/DD'         NLS_TIME_FORMAT='HH24:MI:SS' NLS_TIME_TZ_FORMAT='HH24:MI:SS TZHTZM'         NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT='YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS'         NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT='YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS TZHTZM')

OCI: Prepare(SELECT TABLE_NAME, OWNER FROM ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA)

ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object ORA_URBA.V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION does not exist in OCIDescribeAny
OCI: Prepare(SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA u,  TABLE(u.diminfo) t WHERE u.table_name = 'V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION' AND u.column_name = 'GEOMETRY')
OCI: Prepare(SELECT SRID FROM ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA WHERE TABLE_NAME = UPPER('V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION') AND COLUMN_NAME = UPPER('GEOMETRY') AND OWNER = 'ORA_URBA')

ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object ORA_URBA.V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION_EXPLOITANT does not exist in OCIDescribeAny
OCI: Prepare(SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA u,  TABLE(u.diminfo) t WHERE u.table_name = 'V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION_EXPLOITANT' AND u.column_name = 'GEOMETRY')
OCI: Prepare(SELECT SRID FROM ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA WHERE TABLE_NAME = UPPER('V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION_EXPLOITANT') AND COLUMN_NAME = UPPER('GEOMETRY') AND OWNER = 'ORA_URBA')

ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object ORA_URBA.V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION_PERIMETRE does not exist in OCIDescribeAny
OCI: Prepare(SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA u,  TABLE(u.diminfo) t WHERE u.table_name = 'V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION_PERIMETRE' AND u.column_name = 'GEOMETRY')
OCI: Prepare(SELECT SRID FROM ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA WHERE TABLE_NAME = UPPER('V_AGRI_EXPLOITATION_PERIMETRE') AND COLUMN_NAME = UPPER('GEOMETRY') AND OWNER = 'ORA_URBA')
ERROR 1: ORA-04043: object ORA_URBA.V_AGRI_PAC_ILOT does not exist in OCIDescribeAny

Thanks for your help

Rémy Gourrat