[gdal-dev] OCI driver and setting the client encoding

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:47:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

>> So, if I understood it, you are using ogr2ogr in a Finnins-Finland
> Windows locale but Oracle is set for
>> american.america and the OGR/OCI driver doesn't make the distinction
> automatically.

I had similar problem, I noticed that with Oracle 11g EX works with

set NLS_LANG=american_america.UTF8

(note an underscore, not a dot). Are you sure that your syntax is
correct? It can be that Oracle is changing it on its own.

It would be really helpful to document it on driver page. I will try
to put there at least a small note about that in the next days. Martin