[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1 available for testing

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Thu Apr 17 01:37:08 PDT 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Even Rouault
<even.rouault at mines-paris.org>wrote:

> Selon Wolf Bergenheim <wolf+grass at bergenheim.net>:
>
> > I just added a critical fix gor the GME driver that I'd like to get in to
> > 1.11, so I merged it to the 1.11 branch. Soo technically this might
> require
> > a new RC, sorry for that!
>
> I'd like to kindly remind to GDAL committers that any commit worth to go
> to a
> branch must be accompanied by a ticket describing the problem being fixed,
> and
> the ticket number should be referenced in the commit message.

Ah thx :)

> Wolf, how "critical" is it to justify, by itself, a new RC ? It looks more
> like
> a new feature, no ? I guess that without the fix the driver is still
> functional
> but spatial filters are evaluated on client-side whereas with your commit,
> they
> are now evaluated server-side ? Nice to have, but can't that wait a .1
> point
> release ?

I suppose, but the problem is that without it the whole thing becomes
useless for large datasets (> 100k features) due to GME restrictions. I
just thought that it would be good to have a GME driver that works on those
large tables too. :)

--Wolf