[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.11.0 Release Candidate 1 available for testing

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Apr 17 07:52:21 PDT 2014

Hi Wolf,

Once again my mail was aimed at all of us committers and not just you
specifically. Your contributions (like everyone else's) are much welcome
and I would not want to discourage anyone from contributing. FWIW I
don't think there was ever a formal code freeze call for GDAL, so you
did not miss it. There was just an email thread started by Even about
trying to produce a 1.11 release (which implies a feature freeze in my
mind, but that's just me and that was not explicit).

My intention was mostly to make everyone realize how hard it can be for
Even or someone else to produce releases when commits keep coming in for
non trivial fixes. I have been through that with MapServer several years
ago and then we introduced the release process (RFC034) which helped a
lot, so I am just relaying that experience in the hope that we can make
GDAL releases easier in the future.

Daniel

Daniel Morissette
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201