[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr -f OCI fails on Windows

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:46:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

> The driver should create the column as VARCHAR2, not VARCHAR [1]. It is
> wrong for several reasons [2] and there is a possibility that the amount of
> data you are loading is too big for the wrong data type. Can you change that
> code [1], compile and try again?

it didn't help so I studied the code a bit, first I tried to disable
multi load mode by

-lco "SRID=2065 MULTI_LOAD=OFF"

but it was not working, the driver still used BoundCreateFeature(), so
I tried MULTI_LOAD=OFF, but also with no success. Probably I am
overworked, but what I am doing wrong? ;-)

So I changed [1] to 'false', the finally the driver switched to single
load mode. Very strange is that using this mode, the driver wrote
features to DB without crashing. Do you have any idea what could be
the difference? Thanks in advance, Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/oci/ogrocitablelayer.cpp#L829