[gdal-dev] GSoC weekly report 13. GDAL Networking

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Aug 18 03:44:38 PDT 2014

Mikhail Gusev <gusevmihs <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello everyone.
> This week I've finished what I've planed to do: fully complete docs and
tests. See also my blog post and latest commits at github.
> Maybe I need some more small improvements and fixes, so I don't stop and
work at these weekends and Monday up to the final pencils down time. After
that I'll write an RFC about the inclusion of GNM into GDAL.

I need to thank you for the great job. You have completed your task, kept
the timetable and wrote the documents. Too often I have met contracted
professionals who can't do the same. There are for sure many excellent GSoC
projects but would like to mention two other ones which I think are also
amazing: The OSSIM work by Martina Rita
http://trac.osgeo.org/ossim/wiki/GsocDSMGenerationToolForOSSIM and the
PostGIS raster driver by Varun Saraf
https://github.com/varunsaraf/postgis_raster/wiki/GSoC-2014