[gdal-dev] Build GDAL from scratch on CentOS 6.5 (Jake Brinkmann)

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:59:50 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have produced a GDAL (1.11.0) binary for Anaconda with HDF4, HDF5 and
NetCDF for X86_64. It should just work by installing standard anaconda and
issuing the following command:

conda install -c https://conda.binstar.org/jgomezdans gdal=1.11.0

The list of supported raster formats is available here:
https://gist.github.com/jgomezdans/11c1bb9ce266495e6544, but in reality, I
need it for working with MODIS data, so only tested MODIS, HDF5 and netcdf.

Hope it's of use to other people!
Jose