[gdal-dev] GSoC 2014 Weekly Report 13 : GDAL PostGIS Raster driver

Varun Saraf varunsaraf14 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 13:53:08 PDT 2014

 Hi,

Below is my thirteenth weekly report.

*What did I do this week?*

   - There was a issue with some variables which were getting overwritten
   somewhere between method calls. The destructor for the PostGISDataset class
   was being called before PostGISRasterRasterBand::IWriteBlock(). We made a
   copy of those variables in the PostGISRasterRasterBand class to resolve the
   issue.
   - Fixed minor bugs.
   - The driver can be used to load rasters which are divided into equally
   sized tiles. We need to use the GDAL_SWATH_SIZE config option to insert
   bigger tiles (>10 mb) for now.

Link to weekly report :
https://github.com/varunsaraf/postgis_raster/wiki/Report-13
Link to old code repository (some methods from this are to be used in more
advanced version of the driver) :
https://github.com/varunsaraf/postgis_raster
 Link to updated repository : https://github.com/jorgeas80/postgis_raster
More details at : http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/PostGIS_raster_driver