[gdal-dev] Questions about polygonization

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 19:17:10 PDT 2014

Jack,
The GDALPolygonize algorithm draws the polygon edges along the pixel edges.
It assumes the pixels to be rectangular areas instead of points.
In the example you described, the first polygon should contain four
vertices with the pixel in the centre.
Make sure that the program you are using to display them is not shifting
the pixels.