[gdal-dev] Adding a "Commercial support" section on gdal.org?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Aug 22 14:45:07 PDT 2014

I think a commercial support section would be a great idea, but as
others have said, managing it can be tricky. Not all users know how to
analyze the list archives to find the best person to help them with a
specific problem, so this support page would help both the users and the
service providers to find each other.

I think David's suggestion of self-registration with a flag for
committers and some objective measures of contributions/participation
readily available may be the best way to go.

Daniel

Daniel Morissette
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201
http://www.mapgears.com/