[gdal-dev] Try to create a .bat for ogr2ogr

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 23:55:50 PDT 2014

João -

Try to get to ogr2ogr command to work (or not work) from GDAL
command-line environment (SDKShell.bat) with one shape file.

And  don't depend on defaults in the database connection string, ie.
PG:"*host=localhost port=5432 *dbname='temp_gis' user='test_user'
password='test_pss'"

You might try to simply create a new table in stead of appending to an
existing table.

At a glance I suspect you have some kind of permission problem in the
database

Checkpoint 101:

 1. Have you a Postgres/Postgis databaser server installed at localhost
    and listening on port 5432 ?
 2. Is your database user and password set correctly ?
 3. Has you a database 'temp_gis' with PostGIS enabled running on the
    local database server ?
 4. Has you a schema 'temp' in the database and a table 'upload' in schema ?
 5. Has the table the right structure and a geometry column ?
 6. Does the database user has permission to write data to the table ?

I suspect that no. 5 or 6 is the culprit.

Regards
Bo Victor Thomsen
Aestas-GIS
Denmark