[gdal-dev] Can't make GME driver work

Jorge Arévalo jorge at cartodb.com
Sat Dec 20 03:25:39 PST 2014

Hi Wolf

I already fixed it. I had to follow these steps:

- Define GOA2_CLIENT_ID, GOA2_CLIENT_SECRET, GME_APIKEY

- Define GME_REFRESH_TOKEN, which allow the app to refresh the token

No problem, so far. Just followed this
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/GMEDriver

- Define GME_AUTH (or provide 'auth' in the query string). This is not
specified in the wiki page, but can be found here:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/gme/ogrgmedatasource.cpp#L140

The steps to get those environment vars are:

- GOA2_CLIENT_ID, GOA2_CLIENT_SECRET, GME_APIKEY --> from Google API console

- GME_AUTH, GME_REFRESH_TOKEN --> execute gdal_auth.py. Also stated in the
wiki page. Just use the interactive option.

gdal_auth.py -s gme

So, the wiki page is basically correct. But just need to add the part about
GME_AUTH :-)

Best regards,

Jorge