[gdal-dev] [Windows] GDAL plug-ins are not found

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Dec 20 07:09:30 PST 2014

Le samedi 20 décembre 2014 15:56:30, Paul Meems a écrit :
> With our ActiveX control (MapWinGIS) written in C++ we use GDAL v2.
> We use the pre-build binaries from GISInternals.com.
>
> We have two C# applications that use our ActiveX control. One does some
> testing and its executable is in the same folder as our ocx and the gdal
> dlls. This folder also has the gdalplugins folder with the ECW, MrSid en
> NetCDF plug-ins.
>
> When I open an ECW file in the testapplication I get this error:
> GDAL FAILURE: `[..]\ECW-ERMapper-Compressed-Wavelets.ecw' not recognised as
> a supported file format. But we can open the file and it is shown properly
> in our map.

That's really surprising ! Almost a miracle, but I don't believe in miracles.
The only explanation I can see is that there are 2 opening attempts, one
before calling GDALAllRegister() and the second one afterwards... What would
be weird code... So that must be something else.

> Our second C# application is a demo and has its executables in its own
> folder.
> I've set the GDAL_DRIVER_PATH env. variable to the gdalplugins folder.
> When I now open the ECW file in this application I get this error:
> GDAL FAILURE: Can't load requested DLL:
> D:\dev\MapwinGIS\MapWinGIS\trunk\bin\Win32\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll

There should be another line afterwards with an error code and an error
message, but perhaps your error handler "eats" that extra line.

> But that is the location of the dll. I've double checked. Even the casing
> is correct.

Perhaps a dependency problem. Can the ECW SDK dll be reachable and/or in the
path ?