[gdal-dev] [Windows] GDAL plug-ins are not found

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:42:48 PST 2014

Getting back on our issue.
We've solved it now. It was a combination of design flaws at our end.

First we opened all GDAL datasets in update mode and if it failed we opened
it in read-only mode.
That's why we got the error but was the image still shown. We changed this
strategy.

Secondly we relied on the GDAL_DRIVER_PATH environment variable to find the
GDAL plug-ins.
We changed that by using CPLSetConfigOption on startup.

Now out test application is no longer reporting errors and our demo
application can also load ECW files.

Thanks,

Paul

*Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager
and forum moderator of MapWindow GIS.
www.mapwindow.org

Owner of MapWindow.nl - Support for
Dutch speaking users.
www.mapwindow.nl

*The English presentations of the MapWindow GIS Conference 2014 are online.
<http://www.slideshare.net/mapwindow>*