[gdal-dev] What is the maximum '-wm' I can use with 64bit gdalwarp?

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Dec 26 03:00:33 PST 2014

Simen Langseth <simlangen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Even Rouault
> Whether I use '-multi' or not, '-wm 1024' works, but '-wm 3024' does not
work in my PC.

> I re-tested it, and again with in a very few minutes, a completely black
image is produced.

Hi,

Because -wm 1024 works for you I consider this is mainly a documentation
issue. With gdalwarp and -wm bigger is not necessarily better but
documentation about how -wm parameter behaves is sparse in
http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html. I think I will add a link to
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/GdalWarp which tries to explain it.

-Jukka Rahkonen-