[gdal-dev] Is user document about gdalwarp still good?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Dec 26 08:56:04 PST 2014

Le vendredi 26 décembre 2014 16:01:04, Jukka Rahkonen a écrit :
> Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> spatialys.com> writes:
> > Ah indeed, the documentation of that utility is located in the source
> > file itself of gdalwarp (quite an exception) in apps/gdalwarp.cpp
> >
> > Links can be done with the standard HTML <a> tag
>
> Hi,
>
> I found the documentation section from gdalwarp.cpp but adding new items
> there does not make me feel comfortable so that is "wontfix" from my part.

No problem. I just did it.

Indeed without a dev environment under Linux, it isn't easy to check the
correctness.
Well, in case you, or anyone, wants to try it, it would be a matter of
- having a Linux VM with a checkout of GDAL. You could probably do that from
Windows (64 bit) with Vagrant. See https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Vagrant
(I've just fixed the Vagrant setup)
- when the VM is setup, go to the root of the GDAL source tree ( cd /vagrant )
- do any change from your host filesystem
- "make man" generates manual page in the man subdirectory. Can be seen with
for example "man man/man1/gdalwarp.1"
- "make docs" generates HTML documentation in the html subdirectory. Result
can be seen with your host web browser.

Even