[gdal-dev] Fast Pixel Access

David Baker (Geoscience) david.m.baker at chk.com
Sat Feb 1 06:04:46 PST 2014

Evan,

I am not sure how to profile as I do not have access to the code to profile.  I did do a timing test...

vrt file = 22,970 KB
bil file = 35,180 KB * 55,501

I piped five locations from the loc.txt file:
-96.0 36.0
-98.0 37.0
-100.0 38.0
-99.0 39.0
-101.0 35.0

gdallocationinfo -valonly -geoloc intermap.vrt < loc.txt
189.841857910156        25.5 sec
384.857452392578        22.6 sec
762.015930175781        22.9 sec
550.719116210938        23.6 sec
883.637023925781        22.9 sec

Note: I used a lap timer on my iPhone to capture the split times as the results appeared in the console window.  Does this give any insight?

David