[gdal-dev] Problems linking 1.10 with CURL support

Andy Cheetham andy.cheetham at geomaticSolutions.com
Mon Feb 3 06:24:35 PST 2014

Hi All

I'm have trouble linking GDAL 1.10 with CURL support enabled.

I can and have been building GDAL 1.9 with CURL so I'm sure I have all the
settings within the nmake.opt file correct, unless I have to do something
different for the latest version.

I'm on Windows 7 and have tried using both VS2005 and VS2010.

The linking error I'm getting is:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl
CPLHTTPSetOptions(void *,char * *)" (?CPLHTTPSetOptions@@YAXPAXPAPAD at Z)
referenced in function "void __cdecl CPLHTTPInitializeRequest(struct
CPLHTTPRequest *,char const *,char const * const *)" (?
CPLHTTPInitializeRequest@@YAXPAUCPLHTTPRequest@@PBDPBQBD at Z)	gdalhttp.obj

My nmake.opt section looks like the following

# Uncomment to use libcurl (DLL by default)
# The cURL library is used for WCS, WMS, GeoJSON, SRS call importFromUrl(),
WFS, GFT, CouchDB, /vsicurl/ etc.
CURL_DIR=W:\3rdpartyLibs\curl\7_35\src\
CURL_INC=-I$(CURL_DIR)/include
# Uncoment following line to use libcurl as dynamic library
CURL_LIB = w:/lib/libcurl.lib wsock32.lib wldap32.lib winmm.lib
# Uncoment following two lines to use libcurl as static library
#CURL_LIB = $(CURL_DIR)/libcurl.lib wsock32.lib wldap32.lib winmm.lib
#CURL_CFLAGS = -DCURL_STATICLIB

The file cpl_http.cpp does have an implimentation but VS2005 would appear to
indicate that the #define HAVE)CURL is not defined???

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Andy