[gdal-dev] Compiling GDAL 1.10 with KML/KMZ support

Juanma M. R. juanma.mr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 02:25:30 PST 2014

Dear list,

I am trying to compile gdal 1.10 with the intention of adding KMZ support
to Mapserver. I do not get the "Google libkml support" as yes. Is this the
necessary to get the KML/KMZ driver support?

If so, how can I compile GDAL to get support to KML/KMZ support? I am
trying to compile libxml from trunk to then be included in GDAL compilation
but I only get the 1.2 version of libxml, which is supposed to not be
enought <http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_libkml.html>.

Can anyone help me? Maybe I have not found the documentation for propperly
configuring gdal with KMZ support.

Cheers,
Juan Manuel Moreno Rivera.

Sección de Teledetección y SIG / Remote Sensing & GIS group

Instituto de Desarrollo Regional / Institute for Regional Development

Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha / University of Castilla-La Mancha

Tlf: +34 967599200 (Ext: 2623)
http://www.teledeteccionysig.es/