[gdal-dev] reprojecting coastcolour (/meris) using python via GCPs

Ivan Price Ivan.Price at noveltis.fr
Mon Feb 17 09:03:18 PST 2014

Hi Etienne,

firstly the problem reading the MERIS (actually coastcolour) data was due to the fact i was using gdal 1.6, after upgrading to 1.9 i can at least list the bands so i guess that 'works'.

regarding the use of the filesystem, i tried that, however it is slow to write out the whole dataset to disk, (i need to treat hundreds of images), so i was looking for a way to avoid this.. although it will be my fallback option if all else fails..

either way i'll reply to the list with what we do in the end

thanks for your response,

-i