[gdal-dev] Misc. subjects : OSGeo Vienna code sprint, release plans, GDAL 2.0

Dmitriy Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 04:37:14 PST 2014

Hi Even,

On code sprint I can work on:
- unification of OGR driver model with GDAL driver
- XYZM
- cmake for GDAL

That about thoughts - e.g. now I work on linear referencing using OGR
datasources. As the absence of M value I use other algorithms. So I have
ogrlineref application which can create needed data for linear
referencing and using it for get:
1) point on path from linear position
2) linear position from point
3) sublinestring from two linear positions

Also, I added few new methods to OGRLineString:
virtual double Project(const OGRPoint *) const;
virtual OGRLineString* getSubLine(double, double, int) const;

I can commit all this, but I don't sure - is this a GDAL scope? And
there is a border for functionality which is not applicable to GDAL.
Also I have some doubts about breaking ABI as a result of adding new
methods to the OGRLineString.

Best regards,
     Dmitry